Compiling from source
||Build Tools for Visual Studio 2017
Windows Compiler Requirements
|NuGet 3.4 (or newer)
|NET Framework 4.5.2 Targeting Pack
Select the .Net Targetting packs required for Project Meteor
You will need the appropriate build tools for your operating system. Links have been provided. For Windows users using MSBuild, please refer to the picture compiler requirements and make sure that each of the targeting packs and NuGet are installed. As sample image of the installer has been provided.
Getting the Source Code
- 1. Download and install SourceTree
- 2. Clone in Sourcetree
- 3. Select folder to clone source code to
Manually via Bitbucket
- 1. Go to the Server source code
- 2. Click the "Downloads" button on the sidebar
- 3. Click the Branches button on the navigation bar
- 4. Select your desired branch. (We recommend Master for stability or Develop for the latest changes)
- 5. Extract to the desired folder
- 1. Navigate to the location the game client has been installed to and copy the following file:
- <FINAL FANTASY XIV client install location>\client\script\rq9q1797qvs.san
- 2. Navigate to the location of the server source code and rename rq9q1797qvs.san to:
- <Project Meteor Server source location>\data\staticactors.bin
- 3. Download the Cake file for Project Meteor.
Run build.cmd on windows or build.sh on Linux/macOS
- 1. Extract the contents of cake-tools.zip into the <Project Meteor source location> folder.
- 2. Windows: Double-click build.cmd Mac/Linux: Run build.sh from your terminal.